Friday, March 14, 2008

Ok, this was depressing

I found this on my wife's blog and decided to fill it out. My normal impulse is to stay away from things that cause me to explore myself or give any insite into myself. I should stick to those impulses.

I don't really think I am that deep of a person, so scratching the surface usually just shows the other side. But, in the interest of fairness, I will post my answers. Maybe some armchair psychiatrist out there can get their Phd figuring me out...lol


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Enjoying the view from the beach in those Corona commercials

What is your greatest fear?
Having anything wrong with my heart. I would rather have cancer then a heart problem.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Galileo

Which living person do you most admire?
The Dalai Lama

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Intolerance

What is your greatest extravagance?
Flying, it is very expensive to rent a plane and pay for fuel.

What is your favorite journey?
Anything over water

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Virtues are defined by culture. I guess I would have to answer for the Western and/or Christian virtues because of my upbringing. For the Western virtue I would pick Temperance and for the Christian virtue I would choose Faith.

On what occasion do you lie?
To avoid hurting anyone or causing conflict

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My high forehead

Which living person do you most despise?
Karl Rove

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“You’ll have that”, I don’t like the person I learned it from.

What is your greatest regret?
Not finishing school

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I have to say my wife, (or else this will be my last post…lol)

Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to be better at math

What is your current state of mind?
Confusion

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
One thing would change nothing, so it is a moot point.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I have one patent approved and a few more on the way

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
This one is very karmic, I don’t know if we get to choose, and I don’t know whether I would move up or down the ladder

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
A sea turtle

What is your most treasured possession?
My sanity (it is also my smallest possession…lol)

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Going to work every day doing something you take no pleasure in or feel no sense of accomplishment from.

Where would you like to live?
The moon or some other celestial body with no atmosphere

What is your favorite occupation?
Physicist or aerospace engineer

What is your most marked characteristic?
My cynicism

What are the qualities you most like in a man?
Intelligence

What are the qualities you most like in a woman?
Intelligence

What do you most value in your friends?
Tolerance

Who are your favorite writers?
Alastair Reynolds, Asimov, Mary Stewart, Marion Zimmer Bradley

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
It is a toss up between Conner Mcleod (Highlander) or Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Ep I)

Who are your heroes in real life?
Neil Armstrong, Ferdinand Magellan, Albert Einstein, Richard Feynman

What are your favorite names?
Constance, Sarah, Conner

What is it that you most dislike?
Dishonesty

How would you like to die?
The truth? I would like to be in a spaceship, somewhere between the stars. When I know the time is right, I program the life support systems to slowly lower the temperature to just above freezing. That way I pass into sleep, and I am there for anyone to find in the future.

What is your motto?
I should have made a left turn in Albakerky

1 comment:

RiverPoet said...

Okay, I was laughing out loud at the part where you said I was the love of your life - I'd BETTER BE! :-D

You sell yourself short, my dear. You are quite deep, as is evidenced by this post. Love - D